Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Manipulation in C3D Release 2013?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
davidrenaud3020
531 Views, 6 Replies

Group Manipulation in C3D Release 2013?

Hi,

Does anyone know how you are supposed to create, add to, rename, turn selectability on/off, etc., with GROUPs in relase 2013? Help says that there is a Gruops panel on the Home tab of the ribbon, but there is not on mine. I think it was the same way in 2012. in 2012 I set a system variable to use the old groups dialog, but I thought I should get with the times. Any hints? I created a group, and am now asting tons of budgets hours just trying to be able to find out how to manipulated since Help didn't.

Thanks

C3D 2013

Dell POS with up to date Win7

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: davidrenaud3020

Run AutoCAD using the shortcut labeled AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 as AutoCAD 2013. The CUI it loads has a Groups panel on the home tab of the Ribbon.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
davidrenaud3020
in reply to: tcorey

Do I then transfer the Group panel to the C3D ribbon tab in the CUI interface, because, of course, I'm typically using C3D features when I work. I will try that now ...

thanks.

Message 4 of 7
tcorey

That's what I would do.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 7
davidrenaud3020
in reply to: tcorey

lol, this is great. I use groups a LOT! I was in the middle of tranferring the groups panel to the C3D ribbon Home tab, with no dwg's open, and got a Fatal Exception.

Try, try again. I refuse to go back to the old way.

Message 6 of 7

no joy. after another Fatal Error while in the CUI dialog, I tried MENULOADing the c3d.cuix before going to the CUI interface. Fatal Error and now it won't even open C3D as Autocad2013 without getting a Fatal Error.

Any 'Deskers out there who can help me do a simple group manipulation, help me get the panel on my ribbon, help me get C3D as Autocad2013 running, or have any advice in general?

have one stinking group in my drawing made up of lines from someone else's survey map that I then align as a group into our survey. but now I can't explode it, make it selectable, do anything with it except turn the grips for each line in the group on/off in OPTIONS. and I do this several times for several surveys created by others in different coordinate systems. This should be simple, but appartently Group functionality, except being able to create one by entering G at the Command line, is unavailable in C3D? this kinda sucks.

Message 7 of 7
bbaker99

CLASSICGROUP

if it's an un-named group, do this...

Step 1: Name the Group

type GROUPEDIT

Select the group

type REN (for rename)

type TEMP for the group name

Step 2: Delete the Group (the entities will not be deleted, just the group name)

type CLASSICGROUP

Select TEMP

Click Explode button

Click OK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report