AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Reply
*Vic
Message 1 of 10 (129 Views)

groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

129 Views, 9 Replies
08-18-2009 02:42 PM
Anyone seen any issues with the ground line shifting on your profile when
you open a drawing? Several of us without our company have the issue, most
times we can go into MS then back to PS and all if fine, but are starting
to have issues with that workaround not fixing the problem. It appears to
happen with only data referenced profiles.
*Himanshu Gohel
Message 2 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-19-2009 12:08 PM in reply to: *Vic
Vic wrote:
> Anyone seen any issues with the ground line shifting on your profile when
> you open a drawing? Several of us without our company have the issue, most
> times we can go into MS then back to PS and all if fine, but are starting
> to have issues with that workaround not fixing the problem. It appears to
> happen with only data referenced profiles.

Vic,

Since you did not state the version of Civil 3D you are running I can't
be sure this applies, but it sounds like it might. From the release
notes for Update 1 for Civil 3D 2010:

Shortcuts

* Layout profiles based on data shortcuts in an AutoCAD Civil 3D
2009 drawing no longer move to different locations when the drawing is
opened in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010.



--
Himanshu Gohel. Civil 3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk Civil 3D Product Information: http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
Civil Engineering Community Portal: http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com
*Vic
Message 3 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-19-2009 01:14 PM in reply to: *Vic
Somewhere in space Himanshu Gohel opened their little peep hole and said:

> Since you did not state the version of Civil 3D you are running I can't
> be sure this applies, but it sounds like it might. From the release
> notes for Update 1 for Civil 3D 2010:

both 2009 and 2010. Both versions have all service packs. If you want a
support ticket, I can get ya one, just email me kkempker at gmail
*Himanshu Gohel
Message 4 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-19-2009 02:15 PM in reply to: *Vic
Vic wrote:
> both 2009 and 2010. Both versions have all service packs. If you
want a
> support ticket, I can get ya one, just email me kkempker at gmail

You're in good hands with our support, so it should be fine.

--
Himanshu Gohel. Civil 3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk Civil 3D Product Information: http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
Civil Engineering Community Portal: http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com
*Vic
Message 5 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-19-2009 02:31 PM in reply to: *Vic
Somewhere in space Himanshu Gohel opened their little peep hole and said:

> Vic wrote:
> > both 2009 and 2010. Both versions have all service packs. If you
> want a
>> support ticket, I can get ya one, just email me kkempker at gmail
>
> You're in good hands with our support, so it should be fine.
>

They say they have never seen the problem before...
*Himanshu Gohel
Message 6 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-20-2009 06:57 AM in reply to: *Vic
>> Vic wrote:
>> > both 2009 and 2010. Both versions have all service packs.

This issue did not affect C3D 2009, so it should not happen in that
version. BTW, "all service packs" isn't very descriptive - knowing the
specific service pack you have installed is critical.

For C3D 2010: if your drawing was migrated from 2009, open the 2009
drawing again after you install Update 1 for C3D 2010 and you should not
see the profiles shifting.

--
Himanshu Gohel. Civil 3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk Civil 3D Product Information: http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
Civil Engineering Community Portal: http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com
*Vic
Message 7 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-20-2009 10:17 AM in reply to: *Vic
Not true. I've used nothing but 2009 on this project and I see the
ground line shifting every time I open the drawing. I have all service
packs for C3D 09 installed, Help > About says "version 4"

I have SP1 for 2010 installed, still have the issue. I'm not the only
one in our company that has the problem.

Somewhere in space Himanshu Gohel opened their little peep hole and said:

>>> Vic wrote:
>>> > both 2009 and 2010. Both versions have all service packs.
>
> This issue did not affect C3D 2009, so it should not happen in that
> version. BTW, "all service packs" isn't very descriptive - knowing the
> specific service pack you have installed is critical.
>
> For C3D 2010: if your drawing was migrated from 2009, open the 2009
> drawing again after you install Update 1 for C3D 2010 and you should
not
> see the profiles shifting.
>
*Himanshu Gohel
Message 8 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-20-2009 10:51 AM in reply to: *Vic
Vic wrote:
> Not true. I've used nothing but 2009 on this project and I see the
> ground line shifting every time I open the drawing. I have all service
> packs for C3D 09 installed, Help > About says "version 4"
>
> I have SP1 for 2010 installed, still have the issue. I'm not the only
> one in our company that has the problem.

To be clear:

>> This issue did not affect C3D 2009, so it should not happen in that
>> version.

When I said that, "this issue" referred to the issue fixed with Update 1
of C3D 2010. If you are experiencing an issue in C3D 2009, that may not
be the same problem. I'm not disputing the fact that you may be
experiencing the problem that you describe.

As far as the issue occurring in 2010, I am still not sure whether you
migrated the drawing from 2009. If you did, you must reopen the
original drawing in 2010 *after* the update has been applied to see the
issue resolved.

--
Himanshu Gohel. Civil 3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk Civil 3D Product Information: http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
Civil Engineering Community Portal: http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com
*Himanshu Gohel
Message 9 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-20-2009 10:54 AM in reply to: *Vic
Vic wrote:
> Not true. I've used nothing but 2009 on this project and I see the
> ground line shifting every time I open the drawing. I have all
> service packs for C3D 09 installed, Help > About says "version 4"
>
> I have SP1 for 2010 installed, still have the issue. I'm not the
> only one in our company that has the problem.

To be clear, when I wrote this:

>> This issue did not affect C3D 2009, so it should not happen in that
>> version.

"this issue" referred to the issue fixed with Update 1
of C3D 2010.

If you are experiencing an issue in C3D 2009, that may not
be the same problem. I'm not disputing the fact that you may be
experiencing the problem that you describe. Please continue to work
with support and provide them with all the drawings that exhibit this
behavior.

--
Himanshu Gohel. Civil 3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk Civil 3D Product Information: http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
Civil Engineering Community Portal: http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com
*Vic
Message 10 of 10 (129 Views)

Re: groundline shifting in profile upon opening drawing - 1 attachment

08-20-2009 11:15 AM in reply to: *Vic
Somewhere in space Himanshu Gohel opened their little peep hole and said:

> As far as the issue occurring in 2010, I am still not sure whether you
> migrated the drawing from 2009. If you did, you must reopen the
> original drawing in 2010 *after* the update has been applied to see the
> issue resolved.
>

I have and continue to have the problem.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.