Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grips in Corridor Section Edit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
T_Bernhard
1091 Views, 8 Replies

Grips in Corridor Section Edit

...i.e. there should be some, right? I'm not getting grips. I'm also getting dodgy tooltip readings. I've attached a screenshot.

I haven't tended to use this feature, but then I've never seen the grips. Hence, I am very niave in this area. Has anyone got an idea of what the issue might be?

TIA,
Trevor
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
T_Bernhard
in reply to: T_Bernhard

bump
Message 3 of 9
BrianHailey

Hi Tom,

I don't recall ever seeing any grips in the view/edit corridor section. You can edit them through the toolbar though. Hit the little double arrow and you'll see all the parameters for that section.

Brian

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 9
T_Bernhard

Thanks for the response, Brian.

Yeah, I found the parameter overrides easily, that works fine. The question arose because I've been trying to comprehend what the various components of the Corridor Style do. Changing the parameters through the toolbox result in that station being displayed as a Parameter Override Station; ordinary stations with no overrides are Assembly Insertion Stations. But I can't generate a Geometric Override Station and, best I can tell, that's created by grip-editing the section.

Now, you should be able to grip-edit according to the Help Files. I'm going to flood the space and copy the entire page that says so (from "Editing Corridor Section - Procedure):

--- CLIP ---
To override subassembly parameters by grip editing:

1. On the Corridors menu, click View/Edit Corridor Section.

2. In the drawing, select the corridor.
The View/Edit Corridor Section Tools toolbar is displayed. In the drawing area, a cross-sectional view of the corridor station closest to your selection point is displayed.

3. Click the station drop-down list and select the station that you want to edit.

4. Click a subassembly in the corridor section view.
Grip behavior depends on the type of grip:

5. Identify the grip you want to move, and then click it once to make it active.
The grip changes color from blue to red, and the link property labels are displayed.

6. To edit a value in one of the grip labels, press Ctrl+Tab until the value you want to edit is active. Enter a new value.

7. Drag the grip to its new location, and click to place it there. The grip follows your mouse pointer, within the limits imposed by the grip type.
--- END CLIP ---

What am I missing? An accurate Help file? A proper install? A life? A brain?

Thanks,
Trevor
Message 5 of 9
tscheevel

Check this post:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5481335

I can't say whether or not it works because I haven't tried it.
Message 6 of 9
T_Bernhard

Thanks for the link, Tom. It's raised an interesting point: I can select the daylight link and get grips, even just by clicking on it (rather than crossing window). However, I can't select any of the other subassemblies by any means. The pic attached to the OP shows what I get.

And there's the interesting thing: why would the text in the Section View select like that when I've just tried to select a subassembly? That's odd, but it's consistent regardless of which SV Style I use.

Also, why is it that the Options allow me to choose which Code Set I want to use, when it's using a solid hatch pattern for all Shapes? I've set my Shape Styles so that none of them use a solid hatch and it still continues to show that way. What's the dope on that?

Sorry, I know the questions are getting out of control but I think there's something very wrong happening here.

Trevor
Message 7 of 9
T_Bernhard

Well, I've got it to work on generic link subassemblies, just not anything with Shape Codes. Given that most of our Corridor work is based on kerbs, pavements, etc, I think that's a problem...

At least I was right about the Geometric Override Stations and could get that confirmed.

Any comments on the rest of the Section Edit functionality?

Trevor
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Trevor email me. I have misplaced your address.
Thanks
Nick
wrote in message news:5505669@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks for the link, Tom. It's raised an interesting point: I can select the
daylight link and get grips, even just by clicking on it (rather than
crossing window). However, I can't select any of the other subassemblies by
any means. The pic attached to the OP shows what I get.

And there's the interesting thing: why would the text in the Section View
select like that when I've just tried to select a subassembly? That's odd,
but it's consistent regardless of which SV Style I use.

Also, why is it that the Options allow me to choose which Code Set I want to
use, when it's using a solid hatch pattern for all Shapes? I've set my Shape
Styles so that none of them use a solid hatch and it still continues to show
that way. What's the dope on that?

Sorry, I know the questions are getting out of control but I think there's
something very wrong happening here.

Trevor
Message 9 of 9
T_Bernhard

Okay, Nick Z helped me get this sorted (thanks again, Nick!) and I've been slack and should've posted this last week, but here we go:

The Corridor Section Edit DOES use the selected Code Set. However, apparently a Corridor Section Edit is actually a 3D "slice" of the corridor (using clipping planes) rather than a 2D section, so the 3D components of Marker, Link and Shape Styles are used. Switching off the 3D components within the Shape Style of interest will allow the links to be grip-edited as advertised.

This doesn't explain why the text of the Section View selects when a Shape is selected, but as long as the Sections can be edited, who cares?

Hope this helps someone else,
Trevor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report