Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grips for "labels for line & curve" does not use Z changes ?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
647 Views, 23 Replies

Grips for "labels for line & curve" does not use Z changes ?

I'm using label for line & curve. 

I have discovered that the points from it is created are fixed in Z value.

You can use the grips with object snap , you can move the grips but the Z values are  preserved......

Do you have the same bahaviour ? Thanks,

it should be to get the Z value of X,Y,Z given by object snap , isn't it ?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug

Message 22 of 24
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result,

And I believe that form their perspective it is not incorrect or produces unexpected results. That's only from our perspective. Autodesk will often respond to what a users point out as a flaw that "the program functions as designed". Why in the world they would design it like that is never stated or understood. But if you want to call it a bug, call it a bug. I'll call it Kathy. Smiley Wink

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 24
Jeff_M
in reply to: AllenJessup

Tonnot, while the label does not act how you expect it to, I have to agree with Allen on this. This label was added to C3D as a direct result of us customers asking for a way to label a MAP without having the linework to add the label to. I am quite sure that it was intended to be for 2d linework only. The fact that they use the same style as other General Line Labels means that it also has the ability to label in 3d, but the software engineer did not feel the need to expand the capabilities of that label object to edit the 3d portion.

So yes, it is an oversight that should be corrected by either allowing the grips to snap in elevation as wall as the x/y direction OR state that it is for 2d only and remove the existing 3d portion of the label style for these objects. I would think the first option will be the most desirable by end users. But a bug it is not.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 24 of 24
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug

expect Photoshop to make me look twenty-five, but it doesn't. It must be a bug.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report