Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray boxes appearing on plotted drawings

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
DanielBurns3250
6011 Views, 11 Replies

Gray boxes appearing on plotted drawings

I have have small gray shaded boxes showing up on drawings plotted in Civil 3D, they are never anywhere I can see in the drawing  and they never show up in the print preview. I have tried using multiple printers and still get the same thing. Has anyone else had this issue? I think it may have something to do with viewports as they only show up inside a viewport window when plotting from paperspace and don't show up when I plot from modelspace.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
wetsnow13
in reply to: DanielBurns3250

Left over text masking?  Try windowing over the offending area in the drawing to see if you can select it.  If so you can find out what it is ans use a select similar to grab all of them and delete them.

Message 3 of 12

Could they be fields

EDIT: After reading the post, a second time it does appear that it is masking of text or C3D Objects, do a selction window, around the offensive text and those objects should be found, also, I believe if you change you background color to white they should show up and be easier to select.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
DanielBurns3250
in reply to: wetsnow13

They do almost look like gray text mask boxes, the strange thing is they dont always appear in the same spot. if i print a window of part of my drawing the boxes will show up in a different spot. i have tried selection windows and can't seem to find anything, they only show up on the printed drawing. this is happening in all of the civil 3d drawings i am working in and my co-worker runnung civil 3d is starting to have the same problem as well.

Message 5 of 12

Post a picture or a drawing with the issue (if possible) someone I or should be able to assist you

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12

I have attached a scanned image with the boxes circled. it appears that one of these boxes appears in every viewport I have on a sheet.

Message 7 of 12

That location seems a little odd, are you xrefing - if so go into your xref and look there.

When you say on every viewport - is it possible this is in Paperspace and not Model Space

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
wetsnow13

I'd look at your profile settings since it appears to line up with 0+350 pretty well.

Message 9 of 12
mathewkol

Type NAVBARDISPLAY and turn it off (set the value to 0).

the NavBar sometimes shows when plotting.  This is a bug which does not affect everyone.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 10 of 12
DanielBurns3250
in reply to: mathewkol

NAVBARDISPLAY fixed it! thank you. thats been bugging me for a few weeks now!

Message 11 of 12
mathewkol

No problem.  Happy to help.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 12 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks Matt.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report