Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRAY ALL OVER

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
colon.gaskill
653 Views, 6 Replies

GRAY ALL OVER

Everything is coming up gray in C3D 2011 when opening drawing.  New line work, existing items I cut and past and items I move, revert back to the desired color.  I save the drawing and when I reopen it, it's back to being gray.  If I open the drawing in AutoCAD 2011, it performs as it should.  What could be the issue?

I created the drawing in this manner:

1) imported/converted shape files to lines

2) attached raster graphic

3) saved drawing as 2010 DWG format.

Worked fine, then next time I opned drawing it truned gray.

I have since detached the raster graphic thinking that may be the issue, but no such luck.

Any suggestions would be useful, beside existing topic mentioning

C.W.

ATL, GA

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Sounds like your UCS is out of whack.  Type in PLAN, then W, for World.  Should fix you right up.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
fautodesk
in reply to: colon.gaskill

Check which visual style you have set for the drawing. I something similar happen to me. It took me several days to figure it out. I am assuming you probably want it to be 2D wireframe. Let me know if that works for you.

Message 4 of 7
gccdaemon
in reply to: fautodesk

Sounds like either a corrputed file, maybe you need to set VISRETAIN to 1, or you have set CAD Standards and it's changing the colors when you open the file...Not fully understanding what you're experiencing.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: colon.gaskill

In the Mapwspace palette, Display Manager tab, be sure that the Default item is not checked.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
colon.gaskill
in reply to: gccdaemon

Sorry setting VISRETAIN to 1 did not work. It does sound odd but it is happening. I open the file and for a spilt second the drawing is in color, then the screen automatically refreshes while it AutoCAD is still opening the file and once the drawing is completely open (ie AutoCAD has stopped loading whatever its loading) the drawing goes back to gray. The layer state manger still shows color, the items properties still show "by layer". It should show color. C.W. Gaskill, Jr., PE Water Resources Engineer, CH2M HILL Northpark 400, 1000 Abernathy Road, Suite 1600, Atlanta, GA 30328 Main Tel: 770-604-9095 - Direct: 678-530-4074 - Fax: 770-604-9183 Colon.Gaskill@ch2m.com
Message 7 of 7
colon.gaskill
in reply to: Jeff_M

In the Map Task Pane, when I uncheck the "Map Base", all the items in model space disappeared for a split second and then came back in color. With "Map Base" still unchecked, I saved the drawing. When I open the drawing the drawing is blank. I have to check "Map Base" to have the drawing "return". When the drawing does return it is in color. C.W. Gaskill, Jr., PE Water Resources Engineer, CH2M HILL Northpark 400, 1000 Abernathy Road, Suite 1600, Atlanta, GA 30328 Main Tel: 770-604-9095 - Direct: 678-530-4074 - Fax: 770-604-9183 Colon.Gaskill@ch2m.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report