Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gravel Hatch

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JeffCamarena
1468 Views, 6 Replies

Gravel Hatch

I am drawing an area of cobblestone. I am using the gravel hatch pattern and scaling it up. Is there a way to have the hatch pattern close the circles of the gravel peices at the boundary? Or is there another hatch pattern that can do this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Usually this is due to being too far away from the origin point.  If you move you model closer to 0,0 and then hatch it, it should look better.  Then you can move your model back to original place is you choose to.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
troma
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

You don't have to move.  You can just set a hatch origin in the hatch edit dialog or ribbon area.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: troma

changing the hatch origin is definitely the way to go

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 7
JeffCamarena
in reply to: JeffCamarena

Thank you for the origin tip.

But, I what I am looking for is at the border/boundary of the hatch area, I would like full "circles" representing the gravel/cobblestone. Now, the gravel/cobblestone look as if a knife cut away the area beyond the boundary. I would like to have the hatch patern look as if someone layed the stones down in a square.

Message 6 of 7
Mark_Castle

I don't think that would be possible with a hatch. You might have to draw a single stone at the proper size and then use the array command to get what you're after.

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza

The best I can come up with is: over hatch and polyline clip the patter to show the whole cobble?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report