Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic Scale Dynamic Block

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Joyfer
7349 Views, 5 Replies

Graphic Scale Dynamic Block

Does anyone have an imperial graphic scale dynamic block that  they wouldn't mind sharing? I have scoured the internet for one without luck.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gunnarl
in reply to: Joyfer

See private message.

Message 3 of 6
BrianHailey
in reply to: Joyfer

Perhaps one like THIS?

Or one like THIS?

Both methods are straight out of the box AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and 2014.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
Joyfer
in reply to: gunnarl

Thanks, those worked for me.

Message 5 of 6
Joyfer
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thank you for posting those instructions, I learned from them. I was using the block in C3D 2011 but it was too small to read in paperspace, something was off.

Message 6 of 6
Tentie
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian,

I enjoyed your movie clips. 🙂

I have been doing the second method for a while now but the scale bars provided are not what I need.  So I have been trying to follow the instructions in Civil 3D 2018 to try and create my own dynamic blocks.

I have had limited success, and maybe you, or another knowledgeable person, can get me working.

I was able to get the Horizontal and Vertical scale labels into my symbol (clip attached), and they update correctly with a viewport scale change.  However, the scale bar will not scale up/down and the units labeled on the scale bar are simple text so they do not update.  I have followed the steps outline in the help file and tried to get the "Map.ScaleBar.Division.Label" variables to work without luck.  I could also not get the Action Parameters to scale the symbol based upon the viewport scale.

Does anyone have a "step-by-step" fool proof tutorial to create a dynamic scalebar that works!

An example of what I need is attached.

I am getting very frustrated and hope someone can help!

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Engineering Technician 1
City of North Bay
North Bay, Ontario, Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report