Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading with different slopes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SeattleC3D
1407 Views, 3 Replies

Grading with different slopes

Hello,

I am apologized that i have posted this under "Helicopter pad and grading" but now i have to post it again, due to the changes of design. I tried to work with grading but it didn't work, so i really need your helps.

1 - The square helicopter pad is flat and grading with 2:1 fill, 1:1 cut.

2-  The second FL is 2% slope down and grading with 2:1 fill, 1:1 cut.

3-  The third FL is slope down to meet the existing road, both sides will same cut and fill.

I hope some one can take a look at this drawing. It seems to be very simple, but really hard for a person who just know a little about grading.

Happy New Year.

Dennis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: SeattleC3D

i tried to open your file with 2013 sp2 and I crashed more than once. Is your version 2014? if not please audit purge and repost.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 4
SeattleC3D

Please see attached.

It is C3D 2014.

Thanks much!

Message 4 of 4
BrianHailey

First thing, don't overlap feature lines. That's a very bad thing to do.

Second, assign the elevations you want to the featurelines. I assigned the elevation to the helicoptor pad first, and then calc'd the elevation of the 2% down line. I set a constant slope between the two along the curved line on the south of the drive to the pad.

Third, assign elevations to the feature line tying into the road using the existing surface.

Fourth, combine the outside featurelines into a single feature line (this makes the projection grading easier).

Fifth, grade the featureline created in the step four out to the existing ground (have the grading group create a surface).

Sixth, use infills to fill in the interior portions of the grading.

And your done. 

This is what I ended up with.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report