Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading will not create surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
randcdavidson
1264 Views, 2 Replies

Grading will not create surface

I have two seperate graded levees in my drawing. One has created a surface just fine, the other absolutley refuses to generate a surface. I've deleted the grading even the feature lines and re-did them. In my grading group I have automatic surface creation checked and the voulme base surface checked. I show the surface in the prospector but there is nothing there. The one levee will show contour styles but this one ZIP!

What is going on?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Did a little manipulating of my featurelines. I created another levee just like the one that won't surface. I moved the new levee featurelines close to the same pi's as the bad one. I can get all new pi's close to old ones excpet the two on the end. As soon as I close in (within a few feet) the surface deletes itself.

Message 3 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: randcdavidson

How was the base feature line create? Are there other feature line in the drawing possibly in the same site?

View the FL in elevation editor: Are there any split points or an unusual number of shared points?  are ther any out of limit elevations? does the surface build parameter have any restrictions i.e. dont use elevation greater or less than?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report