AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Brian Hailey
Message 1 of 4 (68 Views)

Grading Tutorial Crashes

68 Views, 3 Replies
02-17-2004 08:51 AM
Hello all, While going through the tutorials, I cannot edit the feature line in the drawing grading-3.dwg. Here is what I am doing: First I open the drawing, then, in the grading menu, I select Elevation Editor..., then, in the elevation editor, I try to change the elevation at station 0+00.00 from 650' to 645'. This is when it crashes and I get the error message (see attached image). Any ideas? I have Windows XP Pro, P4, 2.4 GHz, 512 MB of Ram, Radeon 7500 video card, and Civil3D has service pack 1 installed. Thanks in advance, Brian
*Darron Agawa
Message 2 of 4 (68 Views)

Re: Grading Tutorial Crashes

02-17-2004 09:27 AM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Brian, I've had the same thing happen to me. My understanding is that Grading is still not ready for much use. I just decided to give up on Grading until it matures a little more. Good to see you're still at it! -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
*Brian Hailey
Message 3 of 4 (68 Views)

02-17-2004 09:52 AM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Thanks Darron. I definitely think Civil3D has a lot of potential but still isn't quite there yet. Brian "Darron Agawa" wrote in message news:40324f0f$1_2@newsprd01... > Brian, > > I've had the same thing happen to me. My understanding is that Grading is > still not ready for much use. I just decided to give up on Grading until it > matures a little more. > > Good to see you're still at it! > -- > Darron K. Agawa > Civil Engineer > Town of Windsor > >
*Glen Albert
Message 4 of 4 (68 Views)

02-17-2004 11:15 AM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Brian, I was able to reproduce it so I've submitted a defect. It's a problem in the recalculation of the grading for the change in elevation. Thanks, Glen "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:4032467e_2@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > While going through the tutorials, I cannot edit the feature line in the > drawing grading-3.dwg. Here is what I am doing: First I open the drawing, > then, in the grading menu, I select Elevation Editor..., then, in the > elevation editor, I try to change the elevation at station 0+00.00 from 650' > to 645'. This is when it crashes and I get the error message (see attached > image). Any ideas? I have Windows XP Pro, P4, 2.4 GHz, 512 MB of Ram, > Radeon 7500 video card, and Civil3D has service pack 1 installed. > > Thanks in advance, > > Brian > > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.