Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading to Existing Surface from Feature Line

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
civil3d
3312 Views, 3 Replies

Grading to Existing Surface from Feature Line

I have an existing surface with a steep slope and a feature line for the edge of a proposed walkway.  I need a buffer of 25m  on either side of the walkway but offsetting doesn't take the grade of the slope into account.  How do I grade down the hill from the feature line at 25m to match to the existing surface?

Thanks Cat Happy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: civil3d

I'm missing some information here to try and give a solution.

what slope did you want to use from proposed sidewalk to existing ground?

did you want a fairly flat slope for 25m and then a steep slope down to existing ground at an even steeper slope than the existing ground?

the feature line stepped offset and the grading tools both allow one to offset the line 25m at a particular grade.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 4
civil3d
in reply to: dgordon

Thanks for replying... I didn't want to specify a particular slope. I was hoping to use the surface for that. So I have a feature line that meets up to a slope in my surface. I want to offset the feature line down the slope 25m instead of just a straight offset with no z Thanks Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email, and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: civil3d

Run a Feature Line along the surface where you want it, the FL can extract the surface elevations.  I would go back on the FL and weed it quite a bit.  Use the FLs for your surface.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report