Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading properties dialog not dispalyed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
140 Views, 3 Replies

Grading properties dialog not dispalyed

I am using an example from the K-TEK Autodesk Civil 3D book from the Working with Grading Styles section, page 404. In step 10, I select the Grading Properties button, and am prompted to
"Select a Point in the Grading or [Edge]:"

I then select in the grading group object in the display area, and the prompt returns to
Command:
I am expecting the Grading Properties dialog box to display.

Where is the disconnect?

The grading group that I am trying to select does show up in the Grading Groups.

When I perform a LI on the object, I see ...

Select objects:
AECC_FEATURE_LINE Layer: "C-TOPO-GRAD"
Space: Model space
Handle = 17D4
Site : Site 1

I am using Beta 4. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My beta 4 liscence has expired or I would offer more assistance. Be a little careful when using K-Tek solutions book for the current Beta. I have that book and it was created way prior to beta 4 and in some cases I beleive it to be a little out of date. "KentYoungberg" wrote in message news:15184905.1098379377685.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am using an example from the K-TEK Autodesk Civil 3D book from the Working with Grading Styles section, page 404. In step 10, I select the Grading Properties button, and am prompted to > "Select a Point in the Grading or [Edge]:" > > I then select in the grading group object in the display area, and the prompt returns to > Command: > I am expecting the Grading Properties dialog box to display. > > Where is the disconnect? > > The grading group that I am trying to select does show up in the Grading Groups. > > When I perform a LI on the object, I see ... > > Select objects: > AECC_FEATURE_LINE Layer: "C-TOPO-GRAD" > Space: Model space > Handle = 17D4 > Site : Site 1 > > I am using Beta 4. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You are correct , the book is out of date and does not contain corridor modeling. As you suggest, my issue may be from using beta 3 examples on beta 4 software. Thank you for the suggestion.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

"KentYoungberg" wrote in message news:15184905.1098379377685.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am using an example from the K-TEK Autodesk Civil 3D book from the Working with Grading Styles section, page 404. In step 10, I select the Grading Properties button, and am prompted to > "Select a Point in the Grading or [Edge]:" > > I then select in the grading group object in the display area, and the prompt returns to > Command: > I am expecting the Grading Properties dialog box to display. I don't have the book with and I'm not sure which part of the object you are selecting, so what I can suggest is to select a different edge. With your file, when I clicked on the outside edge I did not get the properties, but when I clicked on the next inner edge, I did get the properties. -- Himanshu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report