Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grading problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DrWileFTracer
608 Views, 8 Replies

grading problem

I made a berm by creating a feature line from a closed polyline and then graded down to an existing surface. The bottom of slope is supposed to go around the entire perimeter of the berm but it only shows up on one side. If I view it with the object viewer it looks fine - the bottom of slope shows up all around the berm. What reason could there be for only part of the bottom of slope line displaying? Please see attachments.

Thanks

Wil

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
troma
in reply to: DrWileFTracer

If you go into the elevation editor for the bottom of slope feature line where you can see it, and go down the list of PIs in the editor, does it appear to stop or continue around?  Watch the triangle highlighting the PI.  Does it go around the berm or stop at the limit of what you see?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 9

I can go all around the berm in the elevation editor. The triangle does not stop. If I display the triangles for the berm surface, they all appear correctly. The bottom of slope seems to be there, it just won't display. Wilf Carter Senior Designer [cid:image001.png@01CDB768.1F521FD0] 102 Portland Street Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada B2Y 1H8 www.ablenvironmental.comPh: 902-466-0050 Ext: 111 Fax: 902-469-4399 wcarter@ablenvironmental.com
Message 4 of 9
Neilw_05

Are you able to open the file on another workstation? That might help determine if the problem is with the file vs. the computer.

Also make sure there are no errors in the file (AUDIT)

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 9
troma
in reply to: Neilw_05

Kudos to Neil for suggesting Audit.  Always should be a first port of call when something funky happens with feature lines.  Do a save first, I've crashed a few times from doing an audit.

Mark Green

Message 6 of 9

Unfortunately, no. I'm the only one with Civil 3D in the office. Wilf Carter Senior Designer [cid:image001.png@01CDB76C.A14D2170] 102 Portland Street Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada B2Y 1H8 www.ablenvironmental.comPh: 902-466-0050 Ext: 111 Fax: 902-469-4399 wcarter@ablenvironmental.com
Message 7 of 9
troma

Check all layers on and thawed.

Regenall

Close drawing and/or program and/or reboot machine, try again.

.....normal checklist.

Mark Green

Message 8 of 9
Neilw_05

If you can post a reduced dataset, forum users can have a look. You might want to submit a support request and get the ball rolling.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza

See if this helps: Select the featureline>> autocad move >> enter enter.

Also was the FL created from existing entities? You may have had some pseudo nodes or doubl backs that would goop things up. Does the elevation edition indicate any split nodes the you otherwise would not have expected.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report