Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
novais
602 Views, 5 Replies

Grading problem

Hello,

I'm trying to make a plataform on a landscape. If i do the grade to surface using a feature line with the elevation i need, it all comes well (cut slope 1:1 and fill slope 2:1).

But if i try to use my polyline (limit) as feature line with assigned elevations of my surface, and grade to pretended elevation (inside de feature line), the slopes generated  are wrong. It draws a cut slope on the fill zone and it draws a fill slope on the cut zone.

The slopes are draw at reverse, even the inclinations.

has anybody got a clue??

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
NathanBee
in reply to: novais

What version are you using? 2010/2011/2012?

Do you have any images to help explain your problem?

Message 3 of 6
novais
in reply to: NathanBee

I've made a feature line with assigned elevations to the terrain surface, and then i created a platform doing a grade to elevation (552.00) from the feature line to the inside using a 1:1 cut slope (red) and a 2:1 fill slope (green).

The slopes generated as you can see in the pics are misplaced, the fill slope pattern is on the cut slope and vice-verse.

In the quick profile (2º pic) you can see well the slopes, but on the cut side it's a 2:1 and in the fill side is a 1:1 slope.

If i make the grade to surface for the outside of the feature line for example, it all comes well.

Btw, i'm using ac3d 2010. I really need some light here....

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
NathanBee

Why can you not just swap the grades around? i.e. use 1:1 for fill and 2:1 for cut.

This should give you your desired result.

Message 5 of 6
novais
in reply to: NathanBee

Its a quick solution, because ac3d in this case considers the fill style aplied to the cut slope and the cut style aplied to the fill slope, but doesn't resolve the issue, it should do it properply, right??

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Gee! I must be dense - where is the problem?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report