AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Chris Alley
Post 1 of 1

Grading object creation

44 Views, 0 Replies
12-27-2004 08:06 AM
I am trying to create grading objects to build a model for a small parking lot. The trouble I am running into is the number of vertices that's created in my surface from my grading objects. In the image attached, I have created a grading feature line on the right side of the drive (shown in yellow) and created grading objects towards the left based on that. The first is sloped down at 2% for 15' and the next is sloped up at 2% for 15' forming a "V". The problem is that the first grading object works great with vertices every 10' along the entire length of the object, forming a nice TIN model. But the second object only creates vertices at the end points. What I am trying to do is continue the TIN pattern w/ the same number of vertices along the object which will allow me to add various other surface features further to the left (points, breaklines, etc.) properly. Is there a setting that dictates how often the vertices are created in a grading object? And, why does my first object do that but the next object not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!