Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading object creation

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
87 Views, 0 Replies

Grading object creation

I am trying to create grading objects to build a model for a small parking lot. The trouble I am running into is the number of vertices that's created in my surface from my grading objects. In the image attached, I have created a grading feature line on the right side of the drive (shown in yellow) and created grading objects towards the left based on that. The first is sloped down at 2% for 15' and the next is sloped up at 2% for 15' forming a "V". The problem is that the first grading object works great with vertices every 10' along the entire length of the object, forming a nice TIN model. But the second object only creates vertices at the end points. What I am trying to do is continue the TIN pattern w/ the same number of vertices along the object which will allow me to add various other surface features further to the left (points, breaklines, etc.) properly. Is there a setting that dictates how often the vertices are created in a grading object? And, why does my first object do that but the next object not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report