Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
190 Views, 1 Reply

Grading Issues

I am using the grading tool to calculate bank cubic yards for borrow sites. I have separte parcels/properties, I am running a few cases. One in which I only get one property and the second where I get multiple properties. I got more bank cubic yards for one property than when I combined two properties. It does not make sense. I have a bottom surface that I am grading down to and an exsisting ground surface. I am creating the property boundaries into feature lines to grade from down to my bottom. I use my bottom surface as my target surface and my EG as my volume base surface, is this correct. I am getting a cut volume which I should. I just do not know why my BCY would be less for two properties than one of the properties seperately. Any ideas on what may be the issue?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

If you create a TIN Volume surface and apply an Elevation style with below 0 in one color and above 0 in another, it will show you where cut and fill are. You are likely to see something you don't expect.

or, post the drawing here.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report