Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Infill

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
neilyj666
1813 Views, 6 Replies

Grading Infill

I frequently find that it is impossible to create a grading infill (just spent 45 mins trying to get it to work when it should have taken 5 mins). If I shut down C3D and then restart and reopen the dwg, the infill is created with no problem.

This is very irritating behaviour (to add to the long list of C3D's irritating "features") - my experiences to date with C3D makes me wonder if anyone gets anything completed on time??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: neilyj666

I do but I don't use gradings.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
itr0045

Grading is great when you get what you want out of it, but nearly useless for the most part.  What version of Civil are you using.  There are some tricks to make life easier with Grading, however I would need more information on what you are trying to accomplish.  I always recommend using sites for grading as well as maintaining 2 files for going back on your work when something crashes or freaks out on you. 

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 7
NathanBee
in reply to: itr0045

Avoid Elevation Points like the plague.

This always seems to be the thing that brings down my drawings with gradings in it.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
neilyj666

I'm getting into the habit of using Save As all the time but especially prior to using gradings and building corridors etc so at least I have a good copy to go back too. Have had a few bad experiences relying on the recovery manager - which couldn't recover a drawing

Using

C3D 2011

Win 7 64 8Gb Ram

Xeon processor

ATI FirePro V4800

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 7
Seungdon.Joo

I do.

Sometimes it works to infill the area arounded by feature. But sometimes it doesn't work without any reason. When I could not get infill grading, I tried several ways below and one of them would be helpful. Before trying, make sure your area is not open.

1. Join feature lines.

2. Break the FL

3. Redraw a part of FL with same elevation.

Then re-infill.

Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza

ditto

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report