Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading GONE.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Chaznsc
591 Views, 10 Replies

Grading GONE.

I have a large site I graded out a week ago. Working on plan elements now and start noticing several areas I previously graded (to target surface) are gone. The daylight lines are there but no contours. Now when I recreate those daylights from known feature lines I get no results, meaning no new contours.The daylight lines recreate and they look correct but I get no contours.

What in the heck is going on?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jay_B
in reply to: Chaznsc

What version or versions have been used?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 11
Chaznsc
in reply to: Jay_B

Civil 3d 2011 exclusively.

I was able to grade a slope back on Wednesday without issue but more slopes are showing up blank. **** thing daylights but I get no contours.

Message 4 of 11
doni49

When you say it daylights but you get no contours, it sounds like you're saying that you see a line where your surface would tie back into the EG surface.

If that's the case, my first thought is that in your surface style, you have "Border" turned on and "Contours" are turned off (alternatively, the layer(s) could be off and/or frozen).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 11
Chaznsc
in reply to: doni49

But the other contours on this same surface look normal.

Message 6 of 11
doni49

Is there a boundary added somewhere (HIDE or OUTER)?

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 11
Chaznsc

Yes, in some obscured areas where I "hand drew" the contours in. Those dont overlap any of these daylight areas however.

Message 8 of 11
doni49

also -- I'd check to see if there's a wipeout over the area with no contours.

I've heard some horror stories along those lines where a prankster had drawn wipeouts and really frustrated the guy working on the project.

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 11
doni49

can you post the file?  What version is it?

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 11
Chaznsc

Well I surrender. Found a backup I had of the graded surface, blocked it in and exploded it. I wish Autodesk would smooth out things in this software rather than making sure they churn out a new flavor of this every year.

Message 11 of 11
randyspear6624

Same thing happens to me in 2015. I try not to use grading as it has never been stable but for land dev projects you kind of have to at some point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report