Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Criteria>Grading Method, Can't Unlock Target

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2038 Views, 6 Replies

Grading Criteria>Grading Method, Can't Unlock Target

hey,

I created a grading style. Initially I had the grading target set to a surface and the slope projection set to Slope (6:1). I changed it to a target of Distance, and the slope projection to Grade (1.5%). I want to change it back to the initial settings (target, slope projection) but the Target and Projection are locked and can't be unlocked. The lock icon to the Left of these criteria is locked, and the name of each is grayed out. All of the lock icons to the Right of all of the criteria  are unlocked.

Anyone know how I can get the Target and Projection to unlock?

THANKS

dr

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

um yeah ....

did an Audit, it returned 144 of these:

AcDb3dPolylineVertex(1C624) color != owner's            set to owner's

it works now. I saw in a different thread that a user having same issue started a new dwg and it worked OK then. so this must be a grading object thing. so touchy! I create them and immediately explode them to get the breaklines out. I might use them longer, but I have heard they crash C3D and also, I don't know of a way to add them to a surface. I mean, I know you can make a surface out of them, but not add them to one made up of other objects in addition to the GO. 

so, with all apologies to Dr. Suess on his birthday, Grading objects make me ill, when I use them I need a pill, so to keep my sanity and my dwg intact, explode those grading objects, yes I will.

Message 3 of 7
BrianHailey

The criteria has been used to create a grading of some sort in the drawing. Erasing the grading will allow you to change that again.

I created a quick video, you can see it HERE.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks Brian,

That makes sense, and it occurred to me that something like was happening. But, I typically explode these things as soon as I can to pull my breaklines out, erase the remnats, if any, and keep moving forward. Maybe my exploding method leaves nasty things behind so that the routine *thinks* that there is still GO's in the dwg. maybe the Audit cleared them out and everything was back to normal. I know exploding is usually a last resort for anything at all, and maybe this is one reason why.

dr

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I just tested it - created a GO, then looked to see if the target and Projection were locked. they were not. I think the AUDIT was key to solving this.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Capture.JPG

Hello,

First...Go to Toolspace > Setting Tab > Grading Criteria set > (right click > New)  Create a new Criteria ,Relative elevation,Surface,Distance or what you want.

Then....you can select your set in Grading Creation Tools.

So  i hope this will help you.

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

Message 7 of 7
wfberry

Just so you would know.  You may be about 6 years late.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report