Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRADING CREATES EMPTY SURFACE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sbrasher2010
540 Views, 2 Replies

GRADING CREATES EMPTY SURFACE

When I check the box to automatically create a surface from my grading, it creates an empty surface. In other words, the surface shows up in prospector, but it has no data associated with it. Anybody know why..?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sbrasher2010

Do you mean that there is no surface inside the graded area? Have you created a grading infill yet? For example, say for a pond, you would create a grading, then a grading infill in the central portion to create a new surface for the whole area, you can then use this combined surface to compare to existing ground to calculate total excavation volumes, etc.

Regards

- Mick

Message 3 of 3
MarySeufert
in reply to: sbrasher2010

The 'empty' surface is dynamically linked to the new grading group. Look at the surface properties dialog box, Definition Tab, and you will see your grading group listed. You can add other objects to this surface in the typical manner as well. For instance I often apply a boundary to a grading group surface.

Even when you edit the grading group as Mick described, under prospector, the surface will remain empty.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report