Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading a bldg pad ??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
trynders
1389 Views, 6 Replies

Grading a bldg pad ??

Hello,

I have an existing site with existing surface,  I have created a feature line for a bldg pad that is set at say 10 feet below existing grade.  I am trying to create a surface the reflects the "hole in the ground" with a 1:1 side slope.  When I use the creating grading tools, my outside corners become rounded.  Where do I set the settings so the slope/cut limits where it meets the existing surface are at right angles? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Neilw_05
in reply to: trynders

Gradings can only created rounded corners. You'll have to use feature lines for mitered corners.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 7
omc-usnr

Ummm,

I'm trying to picture a sunken "building pad"  with 1:1 sides.  I'd think my building pad would have "verticle" sides for a basement or foundation.  A side of 1:1 would create a pond, no?  How do you get to the floor with 45* slopes?

Reid

Message 4 of 7
trynders
in reply to: omc-usnr

Thanks,

After my post, I realized that C3D was in fact creating my slope correctly.  It's really not the bldg "pad" but the basement elevation, so I can do cut quantites.

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE

Use one featureline to represent the grade line (where the dirt hits the outside building wall). Offset this feature line inside by .05 units & set it to basement floor or datum elevation as you need. Add both to your surface. All you need now it to define some grades outside of the building grade line and you will get the surface with the basement hole. The hole is created with that one offset featureline. These offsets can also be used to help visualize, profile & section additional floors, terraces, etc.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: jmayo-EE

...and if you find yourself using John's method a lot, you may want to try out the new CreatePads command in the Sincpac-C3D.  I've attached a screen-shot of the dialog box it uses.  It turns this task into a breeze.

Sinc
Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Blding in a hole? We have been dealing with one of those for years to rectify the flooding issues created by the original designer. Be careful.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report