Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grade to surface command not producing feature lines!?!?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Stuart_Telford
646 Views, 6 Replies

Grade to surface command not producing feature lines!?!?

Hey everyone,

I have attached a drawing file that is having an annoying issue.  I have created a feature line around a road and a building off which I want to grade back to my existing surface at 3:1.  When I perform this command it produces a grading and surface with contours but I do not see the normal cut (yellow) and fill (red) feature line that you can grab and add to your design surface.

Any thoughts?  And yes I do have all my layers on and unfrozen. These feature lines usually just go on the same default O-GRAD-FEAT layer which is the layer my shown feature line is on...so wtf?

Thanks in advance,

Stu

Stuart Telford
Civil 3D 2014 SP1 | Win 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz, 8GB Ram | ATI Radeon HD 5450
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Stuart_Telford

Select the grading (diamond) right click and choose Grading Properties.

Change the style to your design style.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Stuart_Telford
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thats puts a line around the grading surface but its not a feature line; its essentially just a border showing the extent of the grading.  I need the actual feature lines so I can add them to my design surface, but no feature lines are being produced.

Any other ideas?

Stuart Telford
Message 4 of 7

Thats a wierd one.
can you post the EG or xml file for it?
Message 5 of 7
psi
Participant
in reply to: Stuart_Telford

Try changing the scale of your view. Sometimes I can't see the feature line at the current scale and changing it up or down makes it show up better.

#
Message 6 of 7

Here is the EX Surface that I am data shortcutting into the PROP Surface drawing.

Also, I don't think anything with scale will fix this issue for the feature lines are not even being produced.  If they were they would show up under "feature lines" under "Sites" in my toolspace but their is nothing there.

Stuart Telford
Message 7 of 7

I started thinking maybe something went bad with my EX Surface so I went to that drawing and just recreated it from scratch, saved it, then reshortcutted into my design drawing, and POOF! The feature lines showed up again. Not sure what happened but I did have my design surface drawing crash several times today so maybe it messed up the data shortcut as well...?

Anyways thanks for the input guys.

Stuart Telford

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report