Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grade label and masking on superimposed profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BWYarger
1438 Views, 4 Replies

Grade label and masking on superimposed profile

I have a superimposed ditch profile on my centerline profile view.  I need to label the grades, but can't find a label type that can do it.  The grades are labeled on the source profile, but they don't come with the superimposed profile to the target profile view. 

I also don't want to show the entire profile, so I would like to mask part of it in the target profile view.  Is there a way for C3D to do this, or am I back to using mtext and wipeout?

Brad

C3D 2012

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: BWYarger

When you super impose there is a button to control the station range. You can lable the grades with profile view >>depth>> percent grade. they wont be dynamic to change in the profile but they will be to grip changes.

prof lable.PNG

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 5
BWYarger
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

The grade label under the depth option worked great.  I just never thought to look there.  Before I was not getting a dialog box to select the grade option, but now I have turned on the dialog box. 

As for the masking and display range, I want to mask the middle where the superimposed ditch profile goes into a pipe.  The range setting on the superimposed profile sets the begining and end of the superimposed range, but does not help mask the middle.  I suppose I could superimpose the profile twice with different ranges, but for now I just labled the middle portion where it goes over the pipe.

Brad

C3D 2012

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Yes. A gap wold require twice imposed.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 5
tch77

CONVERTLINEWORKTOMASKBLOCK is one easy way to mask part of a profile.

Doesn't work so well if the region you're trying to mask has a label, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report