Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Earth map I insert is flipped

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
rplese
675 Views, 10 Replies

Google Earth map I insert is flipped

The Google earth map image I insert into my drawing is flipped (north to south) when view in isometric. The surface I download at the same time is OK. I do modify the original surface by pasting another surface into it.

Bear
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
markd
in reply to: rplese

I have had draped images flip on me. Solution to that is to disable the graphics acceloration. May be the same for your issue.

Message 3 of 11
antoniovinci
in reply to: markd

If you don't want to disable anything, you may phisically flip the JPEG image with e.g. Irfanview (toggles H and V).

Message 4 of 11
tmullins
in reply to: antoniovinci

Or perhaps this known bug could be fixed?

Message 5 of 11
rplese
in reply to: tmullins

Stop gap work around: I tried elevating the image from below the surface to just above the surface with no change.  I then rotated the image along 2 axes. The rotation is at the center of the raster image.  First rotation on the x-y axes and the second time along the y-z axes.  Next I draped the resulting image on the surface. The result in plan view is reversed but the isometric shows the correct view.

Bear
Message 6 of 11
antoniovinci

rplese wrote:

The result in plan view is reversed but the isometric shows the correct view.

You got the same identical effect as well as flipping the image in Irfanview, sir.

Message 7 of 11
rplese

Does this always happen when using a raster image and draping it over a surface?

Bear
Message 8 of 11
antoniovinci

As just said before, it happens when you have the HW acceleration enabled: try to disable it.

Message 9 of 11
sjg
Advisor

Didn't notice that anybody else asked, but what is the orientation of the image within Google Earth when you brought the image in, were you oriented true north and in no vertical rotation.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 10 of 11
rplese
in reply to: sjg

Google earth was set correctly.  

I got IT to try to disable the HW acceleration. He found that this graphics card would not allow this to be done. He also checked the driver and found the it was the most up-to-date available. (NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700; Driver Version: 8.17.12.6570)

To finish the drawing up I copied the Google map and left it un-rotated in the plan view. I then used the rotated map for the isometric and the animation for the city.

I will reluctantly consider this solved. Thanks all who have assisted.

Bear
Message 11 of 11
antoniovinci

Try _GRAPHICSCONFIG or _3DCONFIG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report