Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goggle earth surface.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
afdelarosa
486 Views, 3 Replies

Goggle earth surface.

Good morning,

I am trying to insert a goggle earth surface into my drawing. It hits 50% and then I get a fatal error. Had tried several times. I read some threads from 2008-2009 but that still doesn't give me a solution.

Any help will  be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: afdelarosa

On the Settings tab of your toolspace, expand Surface, then expand Commands.  Right-click on ImportGEData and select Edit Command Settings.  Once in the dialog, expand Google Earth Options.  Make sure these values are not set too high.   30 for the both will probably work best for you.  If it doesn't, lower the value. 

Also, back under the Commands, right-click on ImportGEData, Edit Command Settings and do the same thing.  I recommend setting this for both the ImportGEData and the ImportGESurface.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 4
thepworth
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

The reason is that Google changed the API to decrease the number of points it will "push" from 10,000 to 5,000.  So the best resolution you can get is if the product of rows x columns is just under 5,000 - try 70x70 - better than double the 30x30 proposed.

Message 4 of 4
afdelarosa
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report