Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting rid of deleted pipe network name

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
peter_thomson
269 Views, 11 Replies

getting rid of deleted pipe network name

Hi All,

i have a drawing where I deleted an entire network called FOULSEWERS. It does not exist in the prospector list of networks.

Yet, each time I create a profile view with pipes, the data source for the network in the PV is always FOULSEWERS (1).

How can I rid the drawing of this old reference?

cheers, Peter.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
T_Bernhard
in reply to: peter_thomson

Stupid question: Have you run an Audit and/or a Recover?

More pertinent: is there an alignment called FoulSewers?

Acutally, come to think of it (it's Monday morning, sorry - scrambled brains), how are you getting the Network into the PV?

Trevor
Message 3 of 12

I have run audit and revover many time as i seem to do with C3D every day.

No, there is no alignment called Foulsewers.

By the "Add NW parts to profile" command from the popdown menu....
or by using the "Creat alignment from NW parts" with the "Draw in PV" option.

cheers, Peter.
Message 4 of 12
T_Bernhard

So how are you selecting the FoulSewers Network? You've deleted the Network, yes? There should be no pipes in that Network showing on the display; you shouldn't get that option in the "Create alignment" dialog...

Trevor
Message 5 of 12

Perhaps I have not been clear Trevor.

I do not get pipes drawn from the deleted network. The pipes that get drawn are the correct ones.

The problem is with the source column in the PV properties "Bands" tab. I am NOT selecting the Foulsewers network anywhere....it doesn't exist. C3D is populating the source column in the PV bands tab with "Foulsewers (1)" all by itself.

I want to know how I get rid of "Foulsewers (1)" from the drawing altogether.

Actually, I have just asked in the wishes forum, when we draw pipes in a PV, why C3D doesn't populate the source column in the PV properties "bands" tab with the network name which contains the parts being added?...Seems a more sensible thing to do than just give the first one on the list.

Thanks for your responses to date.

cheers, Peter.
Message 6 of 12
T_Bernhard

Oh, in the band. I thought you meant the pipes actually drawn in the PV itself.

Just a stab in the dark, had you run sample lines already? If it's still got sampled info for that Network, it might be hanging on to the name for that reason.

Otherwise, I'm happy to look at the drawing if you like, see if I can replicate/fix it my end.

Trevor
Message 7 of 12

I am not able to send the file.....company policy.

But thanks anyway for the offer.

Cheers
Peter..
Message 8 of 12

I think if it had sampled lines, I suspect it would not allow me to delete it in the irst place.

But, no I have not sampled anything in this drawing.
Message 9 of 12
T_Bernhard

Out of curiousity, is the data in the band correct for the above showing pipes? or for the deleted pipes? I'm just wondering if trying to update the band style, particularly the band title, might cause C3D to rethink...

Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas, sorry.

Trevor
Message 10 of 12

Once I select the appropriate source, all is good.

I don't understand what is programmed into C3D to populate the source column....but since a user could create pipes in a PV from many sources, I suppose AutoDESK have not considered the option that old buggers from NZ might want to only populate a PV with one pipe run at a time.

Time for a sandwich and a hot cross bun...

Thanks for listening.

cheers, Peter.
Message 11 of 12
T_Bernhard

Not quite what I meant. When you create the PV, you say that the band populates with data from the now-deleted Network.

Just to test at my end, I grabbed an old drawing that had two Pipe Networks in a PV. I deleted the main Network - the one that populated the pipe data band - via the Prospector. The pipes in that Network disappeared from the PV and all information in the pipe band disappeared, title included. I then created a new PV and added a pipe band to it: it remained empty, except for the title, which was that of the remaining Network. The band itself didn't populate until I actually added the Network to the PV.

This is all as I would expect. How closely does that reflect your experience?

Trevor
Message 12 of 12

very closely.

The bands all work fine in the normal course of events.

My problem is the population of the source column with a "C3D-selected" pipe network that does not now exist.

The band itself has nothing in it, just the column in the PV properties DB is populated with the non-existent network name.

cheers,
Peter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report