Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geometry Point Labels - Text Style Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dbill2508
748 Views, 4 Replies

Geometry Point Labels - Text Style Issue

I am in the process of modifying our current company standards to conform to another set of standards. The main change is switching from "simplex" font style to "Tahoma".

Simple in theory but problematic in execution, our main alignment label style "GEO-LABL", used for P.O.T, PC, ect. utilizes an underlined reference text object in order to control the length of the line under the call. The base insertion places the call perpendicular to the alignment, when dragged to the left or right it switches to stacked text plan readable. Works like a champ with the "simplex" text style - 1.jpg see attached.

Now simply changing the font to "Tahoma" - 2.jpg the larger you make the text the larger the gap.

I am trying to stay away from adding a line for the underline due to the difference in lengths needed when the call gets longer or shorter based on alignment name or stationing.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks.

Bill H.

Civil 3D 2013 SP 1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: dbill2508

Use a line and attach the start of the line to the bottom left of the text, and attach the end of the line to the bottom right of the text.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
ccookusi
in reply to: dbill2508

Do you need to create a "Left" and "Right" style for this to work?

See images..

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: ccookusi

Are you asking me?

Possibly, yes.  I guess this would be restricted to "As Composed" and not the "Stacked Text".

I'm just throwing ideas around (as requested).  Not necessarily fully baked ones.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
dbill2508
in reply to: troma

Thanks for the replies. The line idea works for what we need.

Just stinks that the font change has an adverse effect on the resulting label.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report