Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEOMAPIMAGE 2015 - Can the image be moved or nudged?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cbaildon001
352 Views, 1 Reply

GEOMAPIMAGE 2015 - Can the image be moved or nudged?

My third post about this new command.

My issue is that the GEOMAPIMAGE does not always line up as well as required when it imports, by no fault of the software, just the limitations of georeferencing of the imagery.

I would like to be able to nudge it my a metre or two sometimes to match better with cadastral boundaries and other precisely surveyed features.

Is this possible with the Geomap Image? Or do I need to screenshot it and insert it where I want it?

I hope Autodesk tidy up this new function that has so much potential. It is good, but being able to fine tune its location and drape on surfaces would make it great.

Cheers

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wfberry
in reply to: cbaildon001

Caleb:

Let me say "this about that".  When I do a project, I normally set up and do an OPUS (On line Positioning Service (GPS)) here in Kentucky.  Once I make the corrections to my field work of that day, it almost appears as though I could do a "Boundary Survey".  Not really but as good as I could possibly expect.

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/OPUS/

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report