Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Muthya
306 Views, 3 Replies

Geolocation

I have this attached drawing. I am not able to get the Map Hybrid (or others also) on my screen. I am also unable to export to Google Earth (*.kmz). The file appears in Google Earth on the Left hand Window, but hardly dispalys in the body of the map. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: Muthya

I'm not sure why you can't get the map to display in Civil 3D. It works fine for me using your model drawing.

Are you logged in to Autodesk 360?

Have you tried it after waiting a couple hours. I have seen times when the server just isn't working.

To make your earthwork boundaries display better in Google Earth, turn those polylines into Feature Lines and then create infills. When you export the KML file, add an elevation offset so they are not obscured by the ground.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
cwitzel
in reply to: tcorey

I had a similar "misunderstanding" about geolocation.  Even though my Civil 3d drawing had a coordinate system assigned, when I went to edit location, it moved me somewhere by the Galapogos.  I was able to pan and scroll up to my location, but didn't know I need to right click and say move "map here"

I have now set up a template that is already georeferenced.

Very oddly implemented since I already know where I am.  Maybe it was designed for AutoCAD not Civil 3d.

Conan Witzel

Civil 3d 2015 SP1

Boxx Extreme

Thanks,
Conan Witzel
Civil 3d 2021 SP1.1
Smoking BOXX Apex 2 Workstation
Message 4 of 4
Muthya
in reply to: cwitzel

I have never faced this problem in Civil 3D. Usually, any such odd
behaviour results from not specifying the units (Metric / imperial); the
zone and system correctly. If these three are correctly done on the
settings tab, this should not happen.

--
*M. Seshagiri,*
*Survey Manager,*
Saif Bin Darwish,
PO Box 47,
Abu Dhabi (UAE)

TF: +97150 6999602 (Mob)
+9712 81842324 (Off)
www.saifbindarwish.com

The information transmitted through this mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.
Access to this mail other than the intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us or erase contents.
Any retransmission, dissemination, action or omission based on the content of this mail by
persons other than the intended recipient may be unlawful and strictly prohibited.
We monitor email communications through our network. Any violation for the above norms may
lead to prosecution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report