Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation Online Map Hotfix not working!

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1961 Views, 9 Replies

Geolocation Online Map Hotfix not working!

I have applied the hotfix correctly, however, I still get the error: "You must update your software..."  Even had my IT guy check it out and apply the hotfix and we still get the same result.  Not sure where to go from here.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Carl,

I did the Hotfix on 2015 C3D, so I don't know if it's different for 2014. Did you follow the ReadMe file step-by-step, or watch Phil Borycens Screencast? Did you restart?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Yes, followed it exactly and rebooted.  Still get the same message.  The install is pretty straight forward.

Message 4 of 10
Pointdump

Carl,

Are you up-to-date on Service Packs for 2014? I don't know if that would make a difference or not, but it might be something to try.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 5 of 10
DMFACER
in reply to: Pointdump

Just to add on to Dave's suggetion about Service Packs, someone in another thread tried to install the 2015 update, and it did not work.  They updated to the latest Service Pack, and then tried it again, and it worked as expeted.

Not sure if it's the same for 2014, but Dave's suggestion to load the newest Service Pack may be the solution.

"The most dangerous phrase in the language is 'We've always done it this way.'" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: DMFACER

Hey Dave and DM.  Thanks for the reply I'll try that on Monday AM and let ya'll know.  

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 10
autoMick

Make sure you're signed into Autodesk 360 too...

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: autoMick

OK, he already has SP2 installed and he is signed into Autodesk 360.  Not sure what's next.  I might try to convince him to just upgrade to 2015 since we are subscription.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

WE FOUND THE ANSWER.........

we have IDSP 2015 on the particular machine.  We searched for the same named file on the entire hard drive.  found several locations since it is the design suite.  copied to all found locations and now it works.  not sure which folder required it, so we did the "shotgun" effect and now it is operational.  (weird though since other IDSP copies used the online method and it worked 1st time)

Thank you everyone that posted.  all were good advice and things we had tried.  We appreciate you taking your time.

Carl

Message 10 of 10
Pointdump

Carl,

Good to see you solved it. Be sure to mark your own post as a "Solution".

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report