Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geoid Model - Geodata Folder

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2261 Views, 5 Replies

Geoid Model - Geodata Folder

I searched this topic and found one discussion but not the answer.

I am using a new Geoid and Civil 3D tells me the Geoid model is not found in the Geodata folder.

I can't figure out what folder it's talking about.  I don't have a folder named "geodata" on my PC.

Does anyone know where this is suppose to go?

Thanks

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

What do you have that's using the geoid?  I haven't run across anything yet in C3D that uses the geoid...

Sinc
Message 3 of 6
Islandcoastal

If you have the trimble link then it refers to the geodata file in the trimble sync folder.  The geodata is used in the Surveyor's data collector to store geoid files and DC files.  Normally, I don't use the geoid file through C3D.  Instead I handle them through another program specific to my survey instrument (SCS Data Manager).  Not sure if any of this will be of use to you.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Normally I import points from a file, but when I try to import a JOB from theTrimble data collector using Trimble Link it looks for the Geoid file.

I don't do it a lot but when I do I have this problem.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

the geoid file (downloadable from Trimble Support under Trimble Geomatics Office) is found here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Trimble\GeoData (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Trimble\GeoData on a Win7 64-bit machine). You could try to stick it there and see if C3D finds it. Although if you are using a TSC2 (or earlier device), when you installed Trimble Geomatics Office it should have put it there for you. Maybe it is not finding the geoid file named in your coordinate system setup on the data collector?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

That's what I needed to know.  I tried searching for "geodata" and got no return so I couldn't find the directory.

Thanks a lot!

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report