Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEOGRAPHICLOCATION does not display live map dialog

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
537 Views, 8 Replies

GEOGRAPHICLOCATION does not display live map dialog

Hi all,

This just worked for me yesterday, on the first time.  Maybe beginners luck.  It has not worked since.

Yesterday, when I used the GEO command, the command line asks Map/File.  Selecting Map opened the dialog asking me if I wanted to used the Live Map feature.  YES opened up another dialog with a map window where I could select my point.  I would then select my corresponding point in the drawing, and the angle, and *poof*... live map.

Ever since that first time (it only worked once), I no longer get the live map dialog.  In a new drawing, I still get the "Do you want to use live maps - yes/no" dialog.  I select yes.  Then... nothing.  right back to the command line... 

I'm signed in to Autodesk 360 (checked the online tab in options, and my name is there).  Closed and restarted.  Rebooted.  If I try set from file, I can open a KMZ file, it drops a marker, and I can set a coordinate system (AZ-83CF) for central Arizona...  I see my marker, try to turn on aerial or hybrid... get the beachball like its processing... nothing.  Zoom in, out.  Nothing.

I would prefer to set location through the map preview.  What I am doing is not high accuracy stuff... just want an aerial background for context in prelim design.  Anyone know why the live map dialog isnt coming up?

Autodesk C3D 2014

Thanks!!

Tim

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2014/ENU/index.html?url=filesACD/GUID-9799294C-08E1-4F38-A1C0-8DFF65F...

Could be the server was down when you tried. It's up now.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the reply Tim.

Just tried it again.

GEO -> map -> dialog to use live maps -> yes

This time it seemed to pause with the GEOGRAPHICLOCATION command still showing bold in the command line.  But the live map dialog never came up, then the command line prompt came back.

I've checked with IT, and the server is not being blocked on our end.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

Message 4 of 9
wfberry

If the actual area you are working in model space does not correspond with the settings (proper State Plane, for instance) you will probably not get a map.

Bill

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

The first time I used it, I did not need to set a coordinate system.  I thought that by using the "set location by map"  (GEO -> MAP) and selecting a point in the map and correspondingpoint in the drawing took care of that.  I know its not highly accurate, but sufficient and simple for my purposes.  It did work that time.

I just tried it again, and used the Central Arizona state plane.  Imported a KMZ file for a point in central phoenix.  I can see my location marker in the drawing, but when I use GEOMAP to turn on the map, still get nothing.

Thanks for the continued help.

Tim

Message 6 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM

I have noticed this "bug" in 2015.  It's states that you are logged into Autodesk 360, and your login name shows, but really you aren't.  The fix in 2015 is to open the New Tab and log in there.  However, the New Tab isn't a feature in 2014.  I think this is related to the 360 update.

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks for all the replies.  Since I dont have 2015 set up on our computers, I'll have to wait and see if the 'new tab' fix works.  (We have a maintenance license, but that is up to IT to schedule the update)

So far, still no live map.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

We have been crippled by this for the last 3 days. We have it working on 3 computers so far but can't get the fourth.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

The new tab worked for us.  A bit of a pain but once it works in a drawing it will continue to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report