Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geographic Location - New in 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KristenCourson1781
410 Views, 1 Reply

Geographic Location - New in 2014

I was working with AutoCAD Map 3D, utilizing Project Basemap for many different projects until the project recently ended.  Now I have upgraded to 2014 in order to bring in Bing background maps again.  The issue I am having is that the new maps are not exactly matching up to the old.  I know this because, in two files in particular, I utilized the aerial maps to trace impervious areas and/or appearent property boundarys, roadways, etc. 

In 2014, I am assigning the coordinate system and assigning a Lat/Long to a point with the correct corresponding state plane coordinates in my drawing.  At first glance everything appears okay, however, the further out you zoom, the further off things are.  It seems to be a rotational setting.  I am setting the north arrow at exactly 90 degrees in my drawing.  However, with Project Basemap you didn't assign a geographic location or a north direction - the map automatically came in at the correct location based on your drawing's assigned coordinate system.  Is it possible that in Project Basemap the maps were rotated slightly off from 90 degrees?  If so, what is the correct angle I should be setting in my drawings to make the new maps match up.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

There is no reported issue that images might be rotated in project basejump.
The best way to find the cause of the shift/rotation of the images is to get a sample image with a correct coordinate system reference. Then you could compare this image with the "project basejump result" and the new "geographic location result" in order to find the correct solution.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report