Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geographic Location Losing Aerial

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LMieth
220 Views, 4 Replies

Geographic Location Losing Aerial

Good morning, my coworker and I have both begun to experience the same same problem at once. After using the "set Location" "Map" to place aerial in drawing then closing drawing, the aerial is no longer in drawing when you open it back up. We also both just installed the last 360 update and are wondering if that might have something to do with it and how to resolve to problem. Confused. (Civil 3D 2015)

Linda Mieth

Environmental Department

Applied Petroleum Technologies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: LMieth

Just my opinion.  I think what you are experiencing is normal.  I am not sure because I always turn the map off when I close the drawing.  It is somewhat of a LIVE picture. If you want to keep the "picture" in the drawing this version (2015) has a "Capture Area" command that will leave it in you drawing file by picking two points.  

Bill

Message 3 of 5
LMieth
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks Bill, I also turned off the aerial but I could always turn it back on, but now it is gone from the drawing. I was under the impression the "Capture Area" was to be used if you wanted to print the aerial. Thanks for setting me straight.

LM

Message 4 of 5
fcernst
in reply to: LMieth

This is a Confirmed Defect in 2015.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Confirmed-Defect-GEOMAP/m-p/5003504

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 5
LMieth
in reply to: fcernst

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report