Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geographic Coordinates differnt in 2014 then 2012

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
dunks99
503 Views, 21 Replies

Geographic Coordinates differnt in 2014 then 2012

here is my issue.

When I open a drawing that was created by Civil 3d 2012, with coordinates set to NAD83, PA83-SF in Civil 3d 2014. The x and y position is the same . but when I list the Lat and Long location they are different. This is happing to all the drawings I have tride it on. Is there a issue with Civil 3d 2014. I know if I list the Lat and long for the same spot in Arcview or Google Earth, they match exactly with the Civil 3d 2012 location.

Can anyone help.

thank you.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
dunks99
in reply to: dunks99

dave:

first thing, thank you for all your help

I download a trial version of civil 3D 2015 from autodesk. It opened the file perfectly, I then saved that file using the 2015 version and opened that in 2014 and it works.

But I would really like to know why I can't open a plan I created in 2012 with 2014 and the coordinates be correct. this is driving me crazy.

Message 22 of 22
AllenJessup
in reply to: dunks99

If you're on Subscription. You can go to the Subscription page and start a Service Request to have Autodesk look at it. If you're on Gold Level Subscription, you can call them.

BTW. I've never had any problem with opening previous versions in 2014 so I'm thinking there is something specific to your office. Possibly in your template. Can you start with an OOTB 2014 template, set up your coordinate system and then open a 2012 drawing and see if the problem persists?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report