Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating setting out (stakeout) points from an alignment or surface

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MaxwellBaker
6493 Views, 7 Replies

Generating setting out (stakeout) points from an alignment or surface

Hi

Does anyone know how would I go about generating labelled points with xyz values at 5m intervals along a road alignment in Civils 3D 2014? 

I have had a go with the AddAlignLabels command but could not figure out how to add an elevation value to the label. Also this method seems to require manual input for each label which is not practical as I will have have around 450 points to set out. 

I have looked into the Stakeout Alignment Report, but this seems to require a survey database, which I don't have.

Surely this must be possible, I would have thought it would be fairly simple to do.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Max

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: MaxwellBaker

If you have an Existing Ground and Finished Ground profile the Profile "Incremental Station Elevation Difference Report" can quickly create what your looking for. There will be a few columns to delete but X,Y,Z for the specified stationing interval along alignment will be included. Note the output file type can be changed by clicking on the "save report to" folder.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
MaxwellBaker
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go.

Message 4 of 8
wfberry

I am not sure exactly what you are doing with the 5m intervals.  If using an RTK GPS instrument, load the data collector with the SURFACE (Tin) and stake to the Tin.  Any where you set the rod down will give you a cut or fill.

Bill

Message 5 of 8
muncle56

I'm trying to do the same thing as HOP-Civils-Team but I don't have a surface.  I'm going to take the grade shots AFTER I stakeout the trail but I need an easy way to generate points for my alignmnet first.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
_Hathaway

Your going about this the wrong way...unless your trying to satisfy some outdated agency or contract requirement. If you have an alignment and a profile in Civil3d just export the data to a landxml file, upload it to your data collector and you have everything you need to stake any part of the 'road'. This assumes everything is built correctly in Civil3d. We do a lot of road staking and never ever generate stakeout points. If you must create points you will need to use the create points from corridor option. While this option requires many other facets of your project to be setup properly, it does allow you to create points at elevation at almost any point imaginable.
Message 7 of 8
muncle56
in reply to: _Hathaway

Message 8 of 8
ranpack

We have a add on that might help you. the youtube vid shows how it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZZD0LmMPAE

Company website: www.ran-pack.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report