Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Radiation Setout

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
198 Views, 1 Reply

Generating Radiation Setout

Does anyone know the quickest way to generate a radiation setout file (Text or CSV file with horizintal Bearing & Distance) from a selected radiation base point for either cogo points or vertices from a defined selection of polylines, arcs &/or lines.

Because of they way we currently draft our pacel layouts we don't use the parcel tools (eventually we will just not yet) - we just do basic polylines, lines & arcs.

We want to be able to generate a setout file for the relevant points on these parcels from a selected survey traverse point. If we have to generate setout from points I suppose we could generate the points from polylines via:
Points-> Create Points - Miscellaneous -> Polyline Vertices - Automatic

Beyond this we have no idea - any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the solution you thought of is a good one. Although you could quickly create Parcels from
you existing linework, I don't see that getting you much closer to a point file... the tables
produced from parcels seem to be a "no gain" option to the place points on polyline option. I could
be wrong... (I thought I was wrong, once, but I was mistaken) ;-}

Good Luck,

JD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report