Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question about Civil3D.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
afdelarosa
219 Views, 3 Replies

General question about Civil3D.

Hello,

I have several questions about this software.

1. Why there are objects for pretty much anything created?

2. Why the dynamic text (as far as I can see) go to the same object layer?

3. Why, if Autocad has layers, these objects cannot be created into layers instead of the standard layer?

4. Why isn't there an more options to customize the dragging text (instead of the leader)?

I know, too many why's. Truth is, until I understand it I am going to continue to complain about why simple commands became so complicated. (Sorry, newbie here).

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

>> until I understand it I am going to continue to complain

One more "why" then: why don't you go to a training and learn it?

>> why simple commands became so complicated

Because every one want it working in another way, e.g. you want to have Civil-objects on different layers, others want them to be gathered in as few layers as possible. Therefor you have settings (that make the product more complex) that both groups can do their settings and be happy 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
skintsubby
in reply to: afdelarosa

3. Why, if Autocad has layers, these objects cannot be created into layers instead of the standard layer?

Most of it can be place on any layer you want. You just have to change the styles to let the software know what layer you want it on.

Message 4 of 4

@skintsubby wrote:

Most of it can be place on any layer you want. You just have to change the styles to let the software know what layer you want it on.

Or the Object layers settings.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report