Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Note Label question

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
860 Views, 8 Replies

General Note Label question

I'm fairly new to using Civil 3D 2012 and I searched the forum to see if anyone else asked this question before, but saw nothing similar...

Is there a way to change the marker style on general note labels that are already in the drawing without having to select them all and change it in the properties? I want to change the marker style from "basic" to "none" on the note labels but I'm not seeing a ToolSpace setting to change them all at the same time without having to individually change it...

thanks 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

wold think it is there, but in a pinch, edit the basic marker style to be none

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks, that is the easiest/fastest solution...

The thing is the notes are for different ramps, so in the seperate layouts and viewports some notes are frozen for each ramp, but the marker is still showing. So I was wondering if there was a way to change some to the "none" marker style since some need the "basic" style :S

Message 4 of 9
jmayo-EE

You should be able to select all of the note labels and change all of the marker styles in one shot from the Properties dialog.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks...realised I'd have to do that...but by each ramp since the notes are seperated by layer for each ramp :S

Quick Select isn't selecting all notes by using the marker style, so I have to choose the layer to change for each ramp *sigh*

Message 6 of 9
jmayo-EE

It may help to select one label from each ramp & use the layer isolate (layiso) command.

I would also try SelectSimilar rather than QuickSelect with the labels.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

SelectSimilar selects using the layer based on the type of entity selected?

Do I understand it correctly? For example, if a note label is selected, note labels on the same layer would be selected?

Message 8 of 9
jmayo-EE

It's just another method that is worth trying sometimes. It is a C3D command so it may work better. It may not depending on what you are selecting and what is in the file and how it is all organized.

I can assure you no harm will come to your file if you try....Just save first 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I guess I'm accustomed to using the QuickSelect...but I'd already changed everything when I saw your post Smiley LOL

So I kinda played with SelectSimilar a bit which is why I asked if it selects based on the selected entity's layer...

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report