Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Legal Description for Parcels

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
BrianHailey
4110 Views, 19 Replies

General Legal Description for Parcels

Anyone able to get this report to work? I was showing it off in class and it's always worked before but now it's not working on any of the computers. Just tried it on my laptop with the same results. I originally thought it was an issue with 2014 but 2013 isn't working either (and I know it was working in the past).

The only thing I can think of is my computer recently upgraded to IE10. Could that be it?

Thanks,

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Jay_B
in reply to: BrianHailey

Seems to work here using 2014 c3d with IE8. The dwg used was the Parcel-2C.dwg tutorial.

See attached.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 20
DaveM
in reply to: Jay_B

With IE9 you have to select the allow blocked content at the bottom of the screen to get the report.6-25-2013 8-58-36 AM.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 20
jmayo-EE

"The only thing I can think of is my computer recently upgraded to IE10. Could that be it?"

That's where I'd be looking.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 20
rl_jackson

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 20
rl_jackson

I would have to agree Jeff on this if only it would work with Firefox

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 20
rl_jackson

Sorry John mis-spoke

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 8 of 20
jmayo-EE

Any luck? Did you try to rol back IE?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 20
BrianHailey
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Yup. Reverting back to Internet Explorer 9 did the trick. Seems to be an issue with IE10.

For anyone else encountering this problem, to roll back to IE9 in Windows 7, go to "Add/Remove Programs" and on the left hand side you'll see the option "View installed updates". After the clicking on that, search for "internet" and uninstall the Internet Explorer 10 update.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 20
jmayo-EE

Glad to see you got it working but a bit of a bummer that IE can't be updated.

We do a lot of descriptions and we have been using Q-Legal since our LDD days and before C3D had a description reporting tool. Anyone looking for an alternative can find a good one here.

http://www.budcad.com/Q-Legal3D.htm

I highly recommend it. I have been using it since 2001 and it is nice to work on these thing in a word processor.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 20
jefflambert9091

I understand there are security issues with using IE9. I really don’t want to have to use 3rd party software. So, what are we to do in the future? Is a better question is what is Autodesk going to do?

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 12 of 20
chadroger
in reply to: jefflambert9091

Thanks for this thread. I was having the same issues. I uninstalled IE10 and am now running IE9 again. The program works like it is supposed to but then when it bring up the new html page it comes up blank. Any idea what  it could be??

Message 13 of 20
rkmcswain

2-1/2 years later, any update on this?   @BrianHailey @jmayo-EE 

Can't keep IE9 forever.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 14 of 20
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

I still use q-legal. Haven't touched that nasty html stuff for a report in years. 😮

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 15 of 20
BrianHailey

@rkmcswain, something like THIS?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 16 of 20
rkmcswain

Nice @BrianHailey !

Except try teaching that to 150 users... ugh
(that's not directed at you, of course).

I wish @Autodesk would just FIX this, or better yet - just can all of these XML/XSL reports and farm this task out to a someone who'll stay up with the times, and build report customization into a GUI, not make you get a degree in XSL and Javascript to fix a bug or add some custom line to a report.

As far as Legal Desc - the one from Dotsoft is going to fit the task for us I believe.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 17 of 20
jmayo-EE

I agree. Nice!! Thanks for sharing Brian.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 18 of 20
rajdas

Need help. I am a student.

Trying to create legal descriptions, but I am getting an error saying the following:

help.PNG

not sure if or where I can reinstall the program.

Message 19 of 20
Jeff_M
in reply to: rajdas

@rajdas, see THIS post which should fix your issue.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 20 of 20
AKoerner

@rkmcswain wrote:
Nice @BrianHailey !

Except try teaching that to 150 users... ugh
(that's not directed at you, of course).

@I Wish @AutoDesk would just FIX this, or better yet - just can all of these XML/XSL reports and farm this task out to a someone who'll stay up with the times, and build report customization into a GUI, not make you get a degree in XSL and Javascript to fix a bug or add some custom line to a report.

As far as Legal Desc - the one from Dotsoft is going to fit the task for us I believe.

FYI, there *is* someone who has created a visual report authoring application for C3D, and keeps it up to date with the latest version, etc...us. 

Here is an example of a legal description report created using our application Visual Report Designer (available on Autodesk Exchange):

https://civilplus.net/automatically-generated-legal-descriptions-in-autocad-civil-3d/

Of course, we're not limited to legal descriptions...parcel area tables, pipe network part listings, alignment geometry, point projections/tables, and even corridor quantities with embedded section views are all possible.  A brief introduction video is available on our YouTube channel here.

Adam Koerner
civil+plus
Your work is challenging…your software shouldn’t be.
http://civilplus.net
civil+plus on Autodesk Exchange Apps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report