Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Pro - High Resolution Images

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fcernst
305 Views, 2 Replies

GE Pro - High Resolution Images

I signed up for a trial awhile back but never did anything with it, so I have no trial offering availalble now.

I am wondering how their high resolution image product looks in 20 to 30 scale viewports, if their high resolution image is rubbersheeted over a 25-30 acre townhome site.

I would want them to look less fuzzy and grainy than the USGS NED 1/3 meter images I tried. 

How does the curb and gutter and sidewalk look when used as an underlain to as-built survey linework at this scale?

A screenshot of a small area would be appreciated if you have it.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: fcernst

Fred,

Depending on where your download your images from really depends on the quality. I use USGS Earth Explore (requires a sign in, but data is free) to get Hi Res Orthophotos. The resolution really varies by state and geographic area. But sometimes you can get .5m (1.5') resolution which will plot extremely well, and with little, if any, noticeable distortion in the underlay of the image.

On a side note: I did a quick search of you geographic area, an there was no Hi res orthos available. You may need to look into other pay sources or have the sight flown.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
fcernst
in reply to: rl_jackson

Thanks.

Just looking for experience with the GE Pro Hi Resolution image product offering at this scale. 

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report