Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap in Corridor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
blt
Advocate
1395 Views, 6 Replies

Gap in Corridor

I have a corridor in which I have one assembly for a specified range and then I have another assembly that starts 100 feet after the first range and I want the first assembly to transition to the second assembley but what I'm getting is a gap in the corridor.  How do I transition between assemblies and not get a gap?

Thanks...  Bryan Thorp

Bryan Thorp, PLS
Civil 3D 2017 SP1
Dell OptiPlex 990 Workstation
Intel I7
16 Gig of RAM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Neilw_05
in reply to: blt

Hi,

This thread may not apply but it's worth a look. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Corridor-transitions/m-p/2440912/highlight/true#M9948...

Note the reply by James Wedding.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 7
mathewkol

What kind of transition is it?  How different are the assemblies?  What is actually transitioning?

There really is no mechanism for transitioning.  If one region ends and the other begins 100m awayt, there will be a gap.  There are ways to deal with it however, hence my first questions.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 7
klugb

Hey, Bryan

Good to see you here. I guess with the future of Eagle Point nonexistent there isn't a lot of choices.

What version are you in?

In 2009 the corridor would connect across the gap but in 2011 it will not connect, BUT the proposed surface will. It's a little deceiving having the surface because you can't get sections through the gap area with the corridor showing up, just the surface.

Alignments is the way to go as already stated.

Bruce Klug

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE

As per the link that Neil posted and James' comments there, if the FLines do not connect in the transition area try placing a marked point assembly on the CL. Perhaps an offset on both sides with a marked point on each offset to get the outer edge.

If you posted a file it would be much easier for everyone here to help.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
blt
Advocate
in reply to: mathewkol

The assemblies for both sections uses the same subassemblies, "LaneOutsideSuper" and "ShoulderExtendAll" and where I have guardrail the foreslope on the base rock is 2.5:1 behind the guardrail and when the guardrail ends, it flairs out and we have targets for widening the assembly to fit this flair, but at the end of the flair the foreslope on the rock is 4:1 .  The transition takes place in the region of the guardrail flair.  This is our first project with C3D and we are useing 2011.

Thanks for the help.

Bryan Thorp

Bryan Thorp, PLS
Civil 3D 2017 SP1
Intel I7
16 Gig of RAM
Message 7 of 7
blt
Advocate
in reply to: klugb

Hi Bruce,

We use C3D 2011 and have been setting it up the way we want it for the last 6 months and now we are taking on a project, one that we have also done in EaglePoint.

Bryan Thorp

Bryan Thorp, PLS
Civil 3D 2017 SP1
Intel I7
16 Gig of RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report