Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap in Corridor Surface

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jporter
657 Views, 3 Replies

Gap in Corridor Surface

I've been trying to fix the contours of a corridor surface taht was handed to me.  It's not even a big corridor, just a cul-de-sac.  I've resolved many issues so far, but cannot figure out what's causing this.  Here is my corridor in the object viewer:

Corridor.jpg

And here is the surface created from that same corridor:

Surface.jpg

Any reason as to what may be causing this weid gap?  I've adjusted the stationing, frequency, verified targets, and rebuilt several times.  I've even created a new corridor all together. 

Just so you know. . .I've got an alignment going around the bulb of the cul-de-sac where my assembly ties in (ties in at the back of curb).  I then target my lane back to the main road centerline alignment.  works fine on the top right, but not on the top left. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: jporter

It has been a few years, unfortunately, since I have done a cul-de-sac but I seem to remember that it was preferred to run two alignments and meet in the back.

Bill

Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP 1

Message 3 of 4
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: jporter

Also, when ever I used to do cul-de-sacs and even now when I do returns, I create a 10' tangent section and the end of the returns. Most issues seemed to be resolved with that workflow.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 4
jporter
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Thanks! !  Both your suggestions helped in this case.  I had to extend the tangents out by about 10 feet like Lisa said, and I created two separate alignments along the bulb, as suggested by WFBerry.  That has seemed to resolve this issue.

Thanks again!

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report