Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free View for Civil3d Models and setout points, featurelines?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ralstogj
182 Views, 1 Reply

Free View for Civil3d Models and setout points, featurelines?

Hi

I have a basic contractor doing a complex earthworks job, I have a 3d model built up from featurelines with hundreds of setout points that went to the surveyor with a tin ,etc

However the surveyor has to drive 2hours each way to the job and the contractor wants away to view the data and

in my model, featurelines and setout points, etc to measure off distances to triangulate points from points he has setout so here does not have to get the surveyor out every day.

Can this be done with Design Reviewer or something else , Navisworks freedom? Any ideas suggestions

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianHailey
in reply to: ralstogj

When you create a .dwf from a Civil 3D file, the C3D information goes along for the ride. If you plot the points, in Design Review switch to the selection tool and grab one of the points. In the properties you'll see all the information that you saw in C3D. Measuring distances is a little less accurate in my experience but should give a good idea of what the distance is. I wouldn't expect to measure with a precesion less the 0.1'.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report