Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum contributor in need help of a different kind...

107 REPLIES 107
SOLVED
Message 1 of 108
Jeff_M
3314 Views, 107 Replies

Forum contributor in need help of a different kind...

Long time forum helper/poster, Richard 'Sinc' Sincovec was admitted to the hospital in pretty bad shape last night with an illness affecting his liver and kidneys. Please, whatever prayers, thoughts, vibes, you can send his way, his family and myself would appreciate them.

When I know more, I will post more.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
107 REPLIES 107
Message 101 of 108
Cadguru42
in reply to: Jeff_M

I'm sorry to hear about Sinc's passing.  I never met him, but I read his articles and posts and he greatly helped me with understanding C3D and surveying.  I have a lot of respect for him.  He will be missed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 102 of 108
sboon
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

In addition to his activity here Richard was an active poster on other boards related to surveying and programming.  He was also employed as a surveyor, working with his father and other members of the family at Edward James Surveying in Colorado Springs.

Yesterday a copy of an email from James Sincovec was posted to Surveyor Connect.  I've copied a portion of it here for those who may be interested.

It is extremely hard to see one of you children die before we do. I'm at peace with his passing because I know he will never feel pain again and he will always be happy. He was a very kind and caring person who was always willing to help others. He worked with me for the past 10 years, these memories I will always cherish. We will be having a cerebration of his life on February 1st here in Colorado Springs. If you have anything else to share about SINC, I would definitely like to hear it

Thank you so much,

James Sincovec

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 103 of 108
wizengr

May his soul rest in the bossom of the Lord.

As a mark of tribute to him can we have 4 or 5 of his past contributions in this Forum displayed for say 7 days at that dedicated top panel in the first page of this forum.

Message 104 of 108
Jeff_M

My final post on this. I can't say how many times I've wanted to talk to Sinc about different things this last month. All I know is that I never will be able to now. 

His dad sent me Sinc's Obituary which I have attached to this message. I thought you all might like to see it, too.

EESignature
Message 105 of 108
hgohel

My heartfelt condolences to Sinc's family at this time of grief. Just as his family will forever miss his presence, we too will miss his presence on these forums. Rest in peace.
Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 106 of 108
jesseyusufu

We really missed a great friend, a helper, a great contributor. Oh Richard, rest in paradise cause your good work is still alive

Message 107 of 108
BrianHailey

I was able to attend the Celebration of Life for Richard "Sinc" Sincovic this afternoon. He was quite the man. He played a part in the Mars Observer program as well as the Hubble Space Telescope. He was an accomplished musician, pool player, computer programmer, and was ready to submit the paperwork to get his PLS (Professional Land Surveyor) in Colorado.

I only took a couple pictures during the ceremony.

Here is his Autodesk Expert Elite certificate next to his plaque for working on the Mars Observer along with an album containing the ticket to every concert he attended::

Framed.JPG

His father, Jim Sincovic, talking about some of the many achievements his son made during his life:

Jim Sincovic.JPG

And the inside of the program for the ceremony:

Program.JPG

I was honored to be able to attend. Around 40 people where there to remember Sinc, including his dog. 🙂

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 108 of 108
Jeff_M
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thank you for sharing the pictures, Brian. I am so sorry for not being able to be there yesterday, but this has helped to ease that sorrow.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report