AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
engrtech
Message 101 of 108 (1,065 Views)

Re: Forum contributor in need help of a different kind...

12-21-2012 12:05 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

I'm sorry to hear about Sinc's passing.  I never met him, but I read his articles and posts and he greatly helped me with understanding C3D and surveying.  I have a lot of respect for him.  He will be missed.

IDSP 2015
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
8GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 102 of 108 (979 Views)

12-25-2012 05:11 PM in reply to: andrewpuller3811

In addition to his activity here Richard was an active poster on other boards related to surveying and programming.  He was also employed as a surveyor, working with his father and other members of the family at Edward James Surveying in Colorado Springs.

Yesterday a copy of an email from James Sincovec was posted to Surveyor Connect.  I've copied a portion of it here for those who may be interested.

It is extremely hard to see one of you children die before we do. I'm at peace with his passing because I know he will never feel pain again and he will always be happy. He was a very kind and caring person who was always willing to help others. He worked with me for the past 10 years, these memories I will always cherish. We will be having a cerebration of his life on February 1st here in Colorado Springs. If you have anything else to share about SINC, I would definitely like to hear it

Thank you so much,

James Sincovec

Valued Contributor
wizengr
Message 103 of 108 (909 Views)

12-27-2012 12:39 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

May his soul rest in the bossom of the Lord.

As a mark of tribute to him can we have 4 or 5 of his past contributions in this Forum displayed for say 7 days at that dedicated top panel in the first page of this forum.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 104 of 108 (703 Views)

01-14-2013 01:35 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

My final post on this. I can't say how many times I've wanted to talk to Sinc about different things this last month. All I know is that I never will be able to now. 

His dad sent me Sinc's Obituary which I have attached to this message. I thought you all might like to see it, too.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Employee
hgohel
Message 105 of 108 (606 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: Jeff_M
My heartfelt condolences to Sinc's family at this time of grief. Just as his family will forever miss his presence, we too will miss his presence on these forums. Rest in peace.
Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc
Contributor
jesseyusufu
Message 106 of 108 (537 Views)

01-20-2013 02:33 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

We really missed a great friend, a helper, a great contributor. Oh Richard, rest in paradise cause your good work is still alive

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 107 of 108 (447 Views)

02-01-2013 07:56 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

I was able to attend the Celebration of Life for Richard "Sinc" Sincovic this afternoon. He was quite the man. He played a part in the Mars Observer program as well as the Hubble Space Telescope. He was an accomplished musician, pool player, computer programmer, and was ready to submit the paperwork to get his PLS (Professional Land Surveyor) in Colorado.

I only took a couple pictures during the ceremony.

Here is his Autodesk Expert Elite certificate next to his plaque for working on the Mars Observer along with an album containing the ticket to every concert he attended::

Framed.JPG

His father, Jim Sincovic, talking about some of the many achievements his son made during his life:

Jim Sincovic.JPG

And the inside of the program for the ceremony:

Program.JPG

I was honored to be able to attend. Around 40 people where there to remember Sinc, including his dog. :smileyhappy:

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 108 of 108 (428 Views)

02-02-2013 09:31 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

Thank you for sharing the pictures, Brian. I am so sorry for not being able to be there yesterday, but this has helped to ease that sorrow.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.