Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format of Parcel Export Analysis

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
johnmeyers
1100 Views, 2 Replies

Format of Parcel Export Analysis

Hello.  Looking for some help with the default formatting of the export analysis generated by right clicking on the site that contains my parcels and selecting "Export Analysis".  When I select this tool, it sends the information to a .txt file that I then copy and paste into Word.  The trouble is that it adds tons of blank lines and I have to go delete tham all to end up with a presentable closure report for each lot.  Word's find and replace doesn't work consistently - it only deletes some empty lines. 

Does anyone know how to control the output from the export analysis so that it doesn't generate 5 or 6 blank lines between segments?  The format I currently get is this:

Name:1

POB - North 12345' East 12345'

Segment#1 : Line

Course: N12345W Length 1234'

North 54321 East 54321

Segment 2 : Line

Length... and so on.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
IanMcClain
in reply to: johnmeyers

Go to the Toolbox in the Toolspace (added by going to General pulldown>Toolbox) and find Parcel Map Check Report.

Right click and choose execute; you will get window with some nice options. In the bottom rignt click the folder icon to choose where to save the output, and the format (.html, .doc, .xls, .txt, or .pdf). I like the .txt. You will get something like this:

Parcel Name: Survey Site - ByBlock : 1   
Description:   
Process segment order counterclockwise: False   
Enable mapcheck across chord: False   
North:163.0436' East:144.3968'  

Segment# 1: Line   
"Course: N 31° 50' 47"" W" Length: 0.51'  
North: 163.4768' East: 144.1277'  

Segment# 2: Line   
"Course: N 67° 15' 18"" E" Length: 0.70'  
North: 163.7475' East: 144.7732' 

This thread delves in to customizing the output of the toolbox reports: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Parcel-Map-Check-HTML-Report-mods/td-p/249916...

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 3
bmerchantH9NUX
in reply to: IanMcClain

Since updating to Civil3D2022, we have not been able to run our parcel map check reports as a text file. When I get into the Create Reports -

Parcel Mapcheck Report window, I click on the file to the right of Save Report to:

In the Save As window, I name the file and Save as type:  .TXT

Click on Save

Back in the Create Reports - Parcel Mapcheck Report, click on Create Report

It shows it creating the report. I click on DONE and go to the file folder I saved my report to and there is nothing there.

I have also tried, .DOC, .XLS

Is there a setting I'm missing to allow us to save our mapcheck reports to a text file?

I do see that we can run them as a .PDF but that brings another issue for us. We cannot edit the PDF and we have people at the various cities who want the area to show exactly what we show on our map. Apparently, these people do not know how to round up or down <sigh>

I click onto Create Report and it shows it creating a report. But when I go to the file that I saved the report to, nothing is there. Even after clicking the DONE button. I have also tried 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report