Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing Styles to work - Profile View Styles Title Problems

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
david
446 Views, 9 Replies

Forcing Styles to work - Profile View Styles Title Problems

- Creating sheets with longsecetion and plan view of road alignment.

All good until I want to change the style of the title for the longsection...

This is hapenning on all of my profile view styles, including my custom and autodesk standard.

Have also tried in a couple of different drawings. Same problem.

It will change / update the font, and it will add a box around the title.

It wont change the size of the font, or the position, or the content.

Seems to only be the profile view style... so far anyway..

Yes.. I should have just typed the title on where and how I wanted instead of wasting a day trying to find a fix. However I do have 50 odd to prepare.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Is there a way to force the styles to work.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Neilw_05
in reply to: david

Everything works fine for me. I'd do some basic troubleshooting to isolate the problem (i.e. start with a default template, user profile etc.).
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 10
david
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks Neilw.

Yes well original templates had same problem. Did the usual windows dance, closed Civ3d, turned off computer, restarted computer, etc etc. Tried it twice with the dwg I was preparing. Tried it on a new version saved from another dwg. No love forthcoming.

Ie so it was working on Friday, but not workin on Saturday.

So redid from scratch. So far so good.

Very frustrating problem. Not to mention a waste of my weekend.

Still interested if anyone has seen this before and has a way to fix/solve/avoid etc.

regards

Message 4 of 10
Jeff_M

Nope, never seen anything like that. Can you post a problem drawing for us to investigate?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 10
david
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,

Will send you some screen captures when as soon as I can.

Nearly 2am here so might have to be tomorrow, as long as I can replicate the problem.

regards

David

Message 6 of 10
Jeff_M

David,

Screen caps usually don't do much good when trying to find these kinds of issues. If at all possible, try to post the dwg...or a trimmed down version that still exhibits the problem.

Get some sleep,! 🙂

EESignature
Message 7 of 10
david

Hi Jeff,

Only prob is that file is 25MB and has another 25MB or so data shortcut, or xreffed ito it.. How can I get that to you?

FYI The problem has returned..

Have one perfect longsection, next one, title in wrong position and content incorect. Using same styles. Looks like its reverting to an original style for the title?

If you go to edit the style by clicking on the incorrect looking one, the settings are perfect and the same as the good one.

All same scale, same dwg, on a offset alignment..

Job is due an hour ago...

Back to manually typing titles on sections.

regards

David

Message 8 of 10
Jeff_M

@DAVID wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Only prob is that file is 25MB and has another 25MB or so data shortcut, or xreffed ito it.. How can I get that to you?

David

Could always use Dropbox for large files and provide a link, either here or via PM.

EESignature
Message 9 of 10
doni49

@DAVID wrote:

Yes.. I should have just typed the title on where and how I wanted instead of wasting a day trying to find a fix. However I do have 50 odd to prepare.

If you know where/how to change it when placing the profile, wouldn't it be simpler to delete this one and place it again -- this time entering the proper values?  Surely that would be quicker & simpler than trying to figure out why you can't get this one to update.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 10 of 10
david
in reply to: doni49

Hi Don,

Nice thought, but??? I'm creating many many profile views at the moment for final drawings.

Basically once it starts happening a file, then thats it for that style..

No changing the values for offset, font size, title content etc, has any effect.

As previously stated, the font style changes and the I can put a box around the title.

Only fix is to turn off display of title.. and type the %%^$en things on myself....

Just another part of the Civil3d personal character building experience.

Thanks for the thought though Don,

regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report